Smart Group Ltd (including our subsidiary companies as listed below) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will always ensure your data is kept securely and not disclosed to an unauthorised person. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR, the Data Protection Act 1988, and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
As part of our commitment to ensuring the security of personal data, we have developed a Restricted Transfers of Personal Data Security Policy. This policy outlines the measures we take to ensure that any transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) is done in a secure and compliant manner. This policy is designed to ensure that the personal data of our customers and website users is always protected, no matter where it is being processed or stored. If you have any questions or concerns about our Restricted Transfers of Personal Data Security Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What kind of information will we collect from you?
In order to provide our services, we may collect and process the following information:
- Your name, company or organisation name, and job title.
- Your contact information including any postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and social media profile you provide to us.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, market research, consultation programmes or any additional information individuals choose to provide to us.
- CV, references, and right to work documentation.
- Billing / financial / credit card information.
- Special dietary requirements and/or special accessibility requirements.
- CCTV footage for the purpose of crime prevention.
- Photography/film footage at events.
Legal basis for processing personal data
We will process personal data based on the individual’s consent. When individuals submit their personal data via our website, they will be asked to provide their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data for the relevant purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How will we use your personal data?
- If you are a customer at present we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we currently provide you or;
- If you are a former customer, we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we have delivered to you and conform to good business practices or;
- If we consider that our products or services might be of your interest then we may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other relevant information.
- If you attend or exhibit at one of our trade shows, we may share your personal information with our suppliers/exhibitors.
- If you are engaging with market research or any consultation programmes, we may share your personal information with our suppliers to manage research programmes or feedback effectively.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you, by email, for research purposes.
- We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Personal data will be securely deleted or anonymized when it is no longer needed.
Would we be sharing your personal data to others?
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless, we have your permission, for the performance of the services you have requested, or we are required by law to do so.
- We may share your data with our affiliated companies (see ‘Our details’ section below) or suppliers for the purposes of managing events, market research or any consultation programmes that you have chosen to participate in and where you have consented for us to do so.
What are your rights as a data subject?
It is in our best interest to safeguard your rights as our customer or stakeholder, therefore, we would like you to have a clear understanding of what happens to your personal data once we have collected it. The following list explains your rights as an individual under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- You have the right to be informed of what we do with your data and to know is what the purpose of collecting and processing is.
- You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information so that you aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. You can obtain the following information: a) confirmation that your data is being processed and b) access to your personal data. We will provide this information within one month of the request and free of charge.
- You have the right to request us to rectify your personal data if is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, although, this can only be done under specific circumstances.
- You have the right to restrict the data processing, however, this can only be done under specific circumstances.
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. This is commonly known as “data portability”. We will provide this in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, free of charge, and we will deliver it you in one month following the request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on our websites. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of this Privacy Notice and by continuing to use our websites, request services from Smart Group or our subsidiary companies, us or otherwise engage with us, you will be deemed to have accepted any revised terms.
Smart Group Ltd is a company based in the UK. Our company number is 03683916, registered in England and Wales. Smart Group Ltd’s affiliated companies, also registered in England and Wales and based in the UK are:
- Smart Hospitality Ltd – company number 04122450
- The Moving Venue Caterers Ltd – company number 01795829
- Story Events Ltd – company number 07402362
- Evolution London Ltd – company number 03900342
- Smart Experiences Ltd – company number 08853315
- Oceandiva London Limited – company number 08279282
You can reach us at [email protected].
Updated: 1 April 2023